This gentle stroll takes us along the edge of lithified limestone cliffs, jaggedly overhung in impossibly thin slivers over the ocean. Experience amazing cliff views and add a snorkeling adventure!
- Flat Rate Up to 4 Guests
- Private Hiking Tour $75 for each additional guest
- Private Hiking Tour & Snorkel Adv. $145 for each additional guest
Undeveloped Kauaʻi Coastline Hike with Wildlife
Hiking this pristine stretch of undeveloped coastline will give you a sense of what ancient Kauaʻi might have felt like, long before tourists left their footprints in the sand. It is in this natural setting that we will have a good chance of seeing the endangered Hawaiian monk seal.
We may also see honu (green sea turtles) basking in the sand and migratory seabirds, such as mōlī (Laysan albatross), ʻiwa (great frigatebird), and red-footed boobies soaring overhead.
Our hike hugs the wild coast, taking us over beaches and rocky shorelines for about two miles before reaching a rocky promontory with epic views in both directions. As you study this unspoiled terrain for shells, you’ll also have the opportunity to pick up “marine debris,” washed up from far-flung parts of the world (trash bags provided).
Snorkeling Adventure Add-On:
Linger in this serene setting for another hour, while some or all of your group go snorkeling. This option will add about two hours to the tour time due to time in the water, driving time, and fitting snorkel gear in the morning.
- Hike a stretch of pristine, undeveloped coastline
- Opportunities to see endangered Hawaiian monk seals, green sea turtles, and migratory sea birds
- Great shell finding opportunities
- Hike barefoot in the sand
- Possibility for snorkeling if the ocean is calm
- You must be able to walk on unpaved, uneven terrain, including slippery surfaces, mud, lava rocks, and loose beach sand.
- Bring sandals and closed-toe shoes to account for the different types of terrain on which we will be hiking.
- Maximum group size is 6 to limit the impact on the fragile marine environment.
- You are expected to keep a safe distance from wildlife at all times.