Hike to a view of the Nāpali Coast from a unique vantage point few have seen – a narrow ridge thousands of feet above the ocean – on this one-of-a-kind Kauaʻi adventure.
- Flat Rate Up to 4 Guests
- Private Hiking Tour $170 for each additional guest
Explore Multiple Viewpoints on this Hawaii Hiking Tour
For the brave few looking for it all, this is the Kauaʻi hiking tour for you! Hike as much or as little as you want. There are many days’ worth of roads and trails to explore, enough options to create the perfect adventure!
This Hawaiian adventure through Waimea and Kōkeʻe State Parks offers up the very best Kauaʻi has to offer. Challenging hikes and/or secluded locations and plenty of tropical island scenery await your every turn.
Let your comfortable coach drive you through the vast farmland and rolling hills of Western Kauaʻi. We will pass through the agricultural towns of Hanapēpē and Waimea, once important hubs in the burgeoning sugar industry which began on Kauaʻi in 1835, ending in 2010.
As recently as the 1980s, Hawai’i was using some 220,000 acres of farmland to produce 1.1 million tons of sugar annually. Fields of cane stretched as far as the eye can see, “mauka to makai” (from the mountains to the sea).
Our driving route takes us up the only road to cross the island, starting at sea level in Waimea Town, winding our way along the rim of Waimea Canyon, as we head north. The road abruptly ends at two stunning lookouts, with epic views of the world-famous Nā Pali Coast from over 4,000 feet above!
Along the way, we’ll stop at the best official and “unofficial” overlooks. There we will have our first opportunity to step into the crisp mountain to behold rainbow-colored canyon walls and the 800-foot Waipo’o Falls. The broad spectrum of vibrant reds and greens combine with swirling clouds to create an otherworldly ambiance that’s unlike any hike you’ve experienced.
Inside the park(s) is where your guide gets a chance to really show their stuff; you’ll be extra grateful you chose Kauaʻi Hiking Tours! We will give you a detailed set of adventure options reflective of your group’s unique interests.
Options range from long challenging hikes, worth every ounce of effort spent, to exploring the extensive network of scenic 4×4 roads that provide access to shorter trails in seldom seen corners of the park(s).
Book your Kauaʻi hiking adventure today!
- Adventurous hiking tour in Waimea Canyon and Koke’e State Park
- Access to remote island locations with sweeping viewpoints
- Grand island scenery and route chosen based on group interest
- Chance to climb 4,000 feet for bird’s eye views
- Driving tour of the historic towns of Waimea and Hanapepe
- You must be able to walk on unpaved, uneven, steep and possibly muddy terrain.
- The temperature here can be 10-20 degrees colder than at sea level, especially with a wind chill, so you should wear layered clothing and comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes.