Combine any of the listed tours, or request a totally custom tour! Experience the best of everything the island has to offer with a unique, custom experience designed for you!
- Flat Rate Up to 4 Guests
- Private Hiking Tour $145 for each additional guest
Difficult Kauaʻi Cliff Hike with Breathtaking Views
Accessible only by foot, our six- to seven-hour, Nāpali Coast cliff top hike is designed to give you amazing views thousands of feet above the ocean! While these Kauaʻi hikes can be muddy, slippery and strenuous, you will be amply rewarded for your effort with sweeping views of the most dramatic middle sections of the famous 17-mile-long Nāpali Coast – from unique vantage points that can only be accessed from the cliff top ridges of Kōkeʻe State Park.
Meet your guide and hop into a comfortable coach. Driving east to west, you’ll witness a change in vegetation and climate as you transition into the “rain shadow,” characterized by the arid farmland of the island’s leeward side (on the opposite side of mountains from typical trade wind direction). Along the way, we’ll pass through the agricultural towns of Hanapēpē and Waimea and learn the important role they played in Kauaʻi’s history.
Your tour continues across the center of the island, winding along the rim of Waimea Canyon and to the North Shore, 4,000 feet (1,220 m) above the spectacular Nāpali Coast. Rainbow-colored canyon walls and cool mountain air create an otherworldly ambiance that’s unlike anything you’ve experienced.
We will stop at a couple of the choicest Waimea Canyon overlooks, including one with a view of 800-foot Waipo’o Falls, before beginning our ridge hike from one of the trailheads in Kōkeʻe State Park or Waimea Canyon SP (depending on your private group and local conditions). There we will enjoy jaw-dropping views of the world-famous Nāpali Coast and/or Waimea Canyon from these vantage points (weather permitting). We will eat lunch inside charmingly rustic Kōkeʻe Lodge in between hikes/overlooks or at a picnic spot, if you chose to pack a lunch.
- In-depth look of the Nāpali Coast from the unique vantage point of a ridge thousands of feet above the ocean!
- Bonus stop at 2-3 amazing viewpoints of Waimea Canyon, including Waipo’o Falls cascading 800 feet into the canyon
- Guided tour of Koke’e and Waimea Canyon State Parks
- Scenic picnic lunch spot of a lifetime
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to hike up to 12 miles, and you must be able to walk on unpaved, uneven, steep and possibly muddy terrain.
- You should not participate in this activity if you have a heart condition, are pregnant, or have an extreme fear of heights.
- The temperature here can be 10-20 degrees colder than at sea level, especially with a wind chill, so you should wear layered clothing and comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes.