Hike to a view of the Nāpali Coast from a unique vantage point few have seen – a narrow ridge thousands of feet above the ocean – on this one-of-a-kind Kauaʻi adventure.
Short Kauaʻi Trail Hike with Beautiful Mountain Views
Looking for a Kauaʻi hike that gives you a workout with picturesque views, but don’t have a lot of time? This hike is for you!
Nounou Mountain, aka “Sleeping Giant,” is located on the East Side of Kaua’i, looming above the Wailua River – just inland from where Ancient Kauaian Ali’i (Hawaiian royalty) first chose to settle. Myths and legends abound about this landmark mountain ridge that resembles a very large man sleeping on his back.
“Up” will be the order of the day, as the trail zig-zags its way past lush vegetation before finally arriving on the Giant’s chin, nose and forehead (a climb of nearly 1,000 feet)! From the summit, we’ll enjoy sweeping views of Mount Wai’ale’ale, the Wailua Homesteads, and the entire eastern coastline!
Waterfall Swim Add-On:
After all that climbing, reward yourself with a refreshing dip beneath a cascading waterfall. This option will add approximately four hours to the tour time. We will stop at one of several “ono” (tasty) local restaurants to refuel before continuing on to this final phase of our Kauaʻi adventure.
Book your hiking and waterfall tour online today.
- Tour Highlights
- Learn the legend(s) of “The Sleeping Giant”
- Sweeping views of Mount Wai’ale’ale, the Wailua Homesteads and the entire Eastside coastline
- 1,000-foot elevation gain, a great workout!
- View and photograph many species of native and introduced birds & plants
- What to Know Before You Go
- You must be able to walk on unpaved, uneven, steep, and possibly muddy terrain.
- The area has the potential to be hot & sunny and/or windy & raining, so you should wear layered clothing and closed-toe shoes.
- This out and back hike is a workout – it involves a 1,000 ft vertical climb over two miles on the ascent!