Ride to the best official and “unofficial” overlooks of the Nāpali Coast and vibrant Waimea Canyon! Take in exquisite views of picturesque island backdrops as you ride in comfort.
Explore Unique Places by Jeep
Where most other tours end, our adventure will just be beginning, taking us off the pavement and onto seldom traveled dirt roads within the Kōkeʻe State Park and the Pu’u ka Pele Forest Reserve of Waimea Canyon State Park.
At times narrow and heavily rutted, our route will lead us along tapered ridges above deeply chiseled valleys painted with rock and vegetation. Witness the impressive array of green and red hues provided by nature’s palate, accentuated by the abundant sunshine characteristic of this area (an excellent option for when it’s raining everywhere else on the island).
We begin our drive through rolling hills and the vast, arid farmlands that make up the majority of Kauaʻi’s West Side. Along the way, we will pass through the historically significant towns of Hanapēpē and Waimea and gain a fresh perspective on the diverse cultural history of the island.
From Waimea, we begin our climb from near sea level to over 3,000 feet – along winding, but well maintained Waimea Canyon Drive. Early on, we’ll catch our first glimpses of Waimea Canyon, duly dubbed “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific” by Mark Twain.
We will stop at a couple of the choice overlooks to get out and take pictures from the choicest vantage points. Our adventure continues on a 4×4 roads leading to remote corners of the park(s).
- Tour Highlights
- Off-road guided adventure to remote parts of Waimea Canyon State Park
- Scenic photo opportunities of Waimea Canyon and the Nāpali Coast
- Driving tour of historic Waimea and Hanapēpē town
- What to Know Before you Go
- The temperature here can be 10-20 degrees colder than at sea level, especially with a wind chill, so you should wear layered clothing and comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes.
- Prepare for a bumpy ride!